I have now been in Australia for 3 years. In that time I have made some great friends. On Sunday I spent the day with some of these friends in Brisbane. We went to see the musical Jesus Christ Superstar, we had coffee, we walked around the markets and we had fun! On Monday I felt refreshed and ready to get back to work. I realised that having days with my friends is something I want to do more often. I encourage you to get out and make friends or to make time for the friends you have for the benefit of your health and well-being. Here are some of the reasons why …
1. Laughter – Laughter really is medicine and time spent with friends will often result in laughter.
2. Inspiration – Spending the day with friends is inspirational. Your friends will always have inspiring words for you.
3. Support – Your friends are your biggest support. Your friends support you in your decisions, through the tough times and through the exciting times.
4. Guidance – Your friends are like your guardian angels, offering you guidance when you need it the most.
5. Fun – Spending time with friends is fun. In today’s world we can take life a bit too seriously so some fun time is a requirement to breaking the serious pattern.
6. Relaxation – Spending times with friends can be relaxing. Even if you are walking around all day shopping, there is still an element of relaxation when you are with good friends.
7. Encouragement – Friends give you encouragement to follow your dreams because they believe in you.
8. Courage – Friends give you courage to be who you really are.
9. Strength – Your friends can give you a feeling of inner strength that you never knew you had.
10. Love – When you spend time with good friends, you feel loved and so do they.
Good friends are valuable. We need to look after our friends, nurture them, listen to them and be there when they need us. If you look back at the best times of your life your friends were there.
Make some time to get out and meet some new friends, it is such an important part of life.